Good morning! Just to begin with, a quick update on this weeks blog post proceedings. After this post, will be either a two or three part short story entitled The day the world died- voted as the winner on my Twitter feed. Keep your eyes open for that. Anyway, on to business.
I wish to thank Holly for tagging me in to this. Get over and check out her blog now. It is fabulous. So, without any further delay, here are twenty things about me.
1. I shall start at the very beginning with the sperm. I was a mistake, the surprise of the family coming (no pun intended) ten and twelve years after my brother and sister. And I have been a thorn in their side ever since. You’re welcome.
2. I have a fear of butterflies after an eventful day at London Zoo.
3. One of my favourite films is The Experts, starring John Travolta, Ayre Gross and Kelly Preston.
4. My nicknames when I was a child was Peanut Head and Frank (short for Frankenstein.) Thanks dad. Now, amongst work colleagues my nickname is *coughs* Package. I will not go into any more detail.
5. I have been nominated twice for Employee of the month, but have only won once.
6. Not many people in the Internet world know this, but my name is Alan. (It is not however, a heavily guarded secret)
7. I once fell of the pavement as I was distracted by Owen Wilson’s nose. True story.
8. In a former life, I use to attend as many gigs as possible in a calendar year. The most notable (*for more than once): Motley Crue, Sum 41, Alice Cooper*, Prince*, Fall out boy*, Bon Jovi* and Hanoi Rocks*.
9. The first time I ever travelled by plane was a work trip where my work colleague explained to me in great detail that the plane was not well equipped. Thank you.
10. I once ordered Steak Tartar from a Barcelona fish restaurant expecting a fish steak. How wrong was I?
11. I have an amazing memory when it comes to names, work patterns, random television and film trivia.
12. Contrary to that, I am hopeless at song lyrics.
13. In my opinion I am a shy individual, but many will say I’m not. Sit me at a bar, give me a dance floor or a karaoke mic and I will make things happen.
14. Found a fresh appreciation for comedian Jack Whitehall. Never really thought I was a fan until recently.
15. One of the first books I ever read was a Red Dwarf novel. This was followed by a Stephen King book. I was in primary school.
16. Between the ages of 18 and 25 I went on many alcohol fuelled, fun loving adventures. In that time a few silly things I did: I serenaded a cone, slapped a bald man and denied it, hijacked an abandoned three wheel pushchair and went for a ride in it, danced my arse off and got stupidly drunk. Then went to work.
18. I prefer wearing long sleeved shirts and hoodies, but I was roll the sleeves up as I find it more comfortable. I am not a fan of short sleeves.
19. I have a slight fascination and like for Elizabeth Olsen, Jennifer Lawrence, Emily Blunt and Charli XCX.
20. I achieved a grade of C in my final Art exam at school by doodling. No one else in the class thought of doing it and my teacher was impressed. Simple but effective. A little bit like me.
I welcome anyone to complete this post as it was fun and makes you think long and hard! So, what are you waiting for?